Monday 23 November 2009

In loving memory of John and Edward

Occasionally there comes a time when the whole country stops; the death of an important figure, a natural disaster, the election of the Prime Minister. Sunday 22nd of November saw another of those times, a day we will never forget. The night John and Edward went crashing out of the X Factor.



Sunday night saw John and Edward Grimes sharing the bottom two with previous favourite, Olly Murs. This was a disastrous situation for a die hard Jedward fan/want-er of Olly's babies like me. No matter what the result of the sing-off was, I would be left reeling with grief.
The twins kicked off the result with a rendition of Boyzones' 'No Matter What'. Admittedly the majority of the performance was out of tune, but then we expected nothing less. I feel a spectacularly bad ballad was the perfect, and most endearing way, to round off those adorable brother's journey through our hearts.



Olly Murs gave a good performance of 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton and each of the judges (bar Jedward's mentor, Louis Walsh) voted to save him. Simon Cowell said he would miss the twins, and sounded genuinly sad. Cheryl blew them kisses. Dannii however took slightly longer over her decision, making an obvious point to Simon by asking the question 'Is this a singing contest that we are judging', presumably related to the fact that Cowell aided the defeat of both Rachel Adedeji and Lucie Jones by weaker vocalists Lloyd Daniels and John and Edward. She seemed to conclude that it was, in fact, a singing competition and sent John and Edward out of the competition.





                                     

I understand the reason the twins left the competition and I am not deluded enough to believe they should have stayed. However I, along with a huge mass of Jedward followers, feel genuinly devestated that John and Edward Grimes have left the competition. Never again will we see them bouncing around on a saturday night wearing lurid matching suits custom made by the primary school around the corner. Never again will we witness a dance routine involving blow-up Jedward heads, ghosts that look like they have been dropped straight out of an 80's Doctor Who episode and women in a bikini/tu-tu combo straddling the boys- the latter of which could only be described as perverse.

It is a great loss you must agree.
If however, you do not agree, and are one of the disgustingly behaved, idiotic creatures in the audience who relentlessly boo the poor twins then you should be ashamed of yourself. Even as John and Edward were given the news that they were leaving the competition members of the audience continued to taunt and boo. It shows how dignified and mature the brother's are, as they continued to smile and told Olly he 'deserved to go through'.  JOHN AND EDWARD I SALUTE YOU.





Hopefully we will see alot more of Jedward in the future. I will keep you up to date with my stalking results.
I will now be taking a week out for mourning.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You linked me here from Twitter :) Just wanted to comment to say well said, and that I agree completely. I'm not really excited about this weeks xFactor, I genuinely looked forward to it before.

    I'm still going to wear my "I Love JEdward" tshirt :D Heres hoping we see a lot of them in the future :)

    ReplyDelete