Wednesday 4 November 2009

THE LEGEND THAT IS JOHN AND EDWARD



I don't think an act on the X Factor has ever received as much attention as these infamous twins. With a hair-style and singing ability ridiculous enough to make any grown man run for the hills, John and Edward have been surrounded by controversy since the very beginning of the competition.

Whether or not they can sing is no longer the question (it has been concluded that they, in fact, cannot). The question now remains, do these brothers have what must be an increasingly large number of devoted fans, or are the public merely trying to get on Simon Cowells nerves and possibly cause him to leave the country?

As usual I will give my two pennies worth on this act (sorry).
I'd like to say that my love for the twins begun right from those fatal words: 'I'm John, and I'm Edward, and together we are John and Edward.'
However I, like the rest of the country, took an immediate disliking to them. Thinking them delusional and arrogant. All through bootcamp and judges houses my dislike persisted. Until the time came for Louis to chose his final 3 acts and I came to the realisation that Louis was going to pick the twins (they are Irish) and, you know what, its going to be bloody funny.

From then on I have loved them with all my heart. My personal favourite 'Jedward' moment has to be the talking interlude in their version of Britney Spears' 'Oops I did it again'.

Right now my thoughts towards the twins are that I would love to watch them every week on the X Factor but I admit i would never buy their album. I would also not like them to take a spot away from any of my favourites. So I'm at a bit of a loss with John and Edward. However I have a feeling they are going to be around for a long while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment