Tuesday 10 November 2009

Louis gives us the V's

Sitting in my living room on sunday night with a couple of friends, feet up on the couch, I noticed out of the corner of my eye something that caused me to double-take. Did Louis Walsh just put two fingers up to the crowd?! We rewound the show a few seconds (thanks to the wonders of delayTV) and watched the moment again. Yes, I do believe that was Louis Walsh gives the V's to the booing audience.




This act of defiance was in response to the crowd's booing after John and Edwards performance. To be perfectly honest, I would have done the same. The crowds insistent booing every time Jedward are even mentioned is ridiculous and just shows the audience to be ignorant and nasty.
Louis has since apologised.


 




This was not the only outburst from Mr Walsh last weekend. In saturday nights show he had a slight run in with host, Dermot O'Leary.
Louis described contestent, Joe McElderry as a bit more musical theatre than popstar, and Dermot replied he thought Joe was, in fact, 'a well rounded popstar'.
Louis bit back, 'Your not a judge Dermot, I'm a judge.' The situation was evidently getting slightly heated. In response Dermot said, 'I think the audience are the real judges.'

Also on saturday night Louis Walsh said in response to the Prime Ministers declaration that John and Edward 'weren't very good' that 'Simon and Gordon Brown have one thing in common- both know nothing about music.'
Simon Cowell said to Louis at the end of saturdays show: 'Tonight you have offended our Prime Minister and the British public. I think you should apologise.'

So Louis' been a touch grouchy this week. Hopefully he'll be back to his cheerful, meaningless comment giving, strange clapping self next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment